Thursday, March 31, 2011

Latest Project

A few weeks ago I came across a term I had never heard before that intrigued me.... it was "quiet book". When I heard "quiet book" I thought hmmm that sounds like something I think Katie should get acquainted with. So, I did some very small research and found that yes a quiet book is like a home made activity book for small children in which they keep their hands and minds busy, but hopefully not their mouths. A little further look, and yes, this is just the dorky Mormon project all good moms do to keep thier children quiet during church. Then a few days ago, I followed a craft link from my sister-in-law Courtney's blog and after a few clicks, I had stumbled onto yet another quiet book! Urg.. so, after two encounters I think I will try to make one. I am following a "how-to" blog that I found that I really liked.



I am one page down and 23 to go. The flowers can be removed and then the child can button them back on. This looks simple, but it took me forever to cut and sew the flowers and then find buttons. Anyway, I might have this completed by the time our thirteenth child (Grandmas- note the sarcasm, there will not be 13) is ready to use it- every one cross your fingers I finish it before then!!

1 comment: