Sunday, March 13, 2011
2 Girls in 2 Years
Two years ago today Lori and I met and commenced what would be a wonderful courtship. For all of you who have known us, you will not be surprised that Lori and I independently think the ending of previous relationships to be miraculous (they occured within 2 weeks of each other), meeting each other was miraculous (and no not just because Jared and Lori both were spendy enough to pay for ldsplanet.com - 10 bucks a month is pretty steep!), falling in love (Lori just made a comment about my nose hairs) and staying in love (with comments like Lori just made).
Since that time Lori has moved 3 times, I have had two jobs, sold a business, sold a porsche (sob), hit a deer, bought a $750 car that the Deacon's think is pretty cool, flooded a basement (twice in two weeks), got married, installed windows, painted a house (inside and out), bought a house, sold a house, got pregnant, traveled to Indiana, Kentucky, Georgia, Hawaii, California, Utah, Arizona, Nevada, Florida, and yes Alabamski, had back surgery, recovered from back surgery (and still am a little) had the baby. And stayed in love. We even pretend to like each other's families. Just kidding we actually kinda do like each other's families, alot.
So happy anniversary to us. Thanks everybody for remembering (jerks). Just kidding. We love you!!
The best thing about our anniversary is that we dated first on Friday the 13th, our wedding was on Friday the 13th (thanks for coming, jerks). So we celebrate our anniversary every Friday the 13th.
Love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I LOVE your blog.....so funny and honest and fresh! truly. So happy to finally see a glimpse into people we really really liked....this will only enhance that.
ReplyDeleteyeah.
That was wonderful! I loved every word. I'm so happy you two found each other! Wow - that's quite a list of what's happened in the time you've been together. And think of all the wonderful adventures to come.
ReplyDeleteIt's also wonderful for me to find someone else who loves Friday the 13th. My dad was born on Friday the 13th and always loooved that fact. So for that reason, I always loved Friday the 13th too. A year-and-a-half after we lost my angel mom, Dad became really sick and I was called home (to Salt Lake - we were in CA then). I arrived on Monday the 9th of July, and by Wednesday the 11th, as our father's health continued to decline, my four siblings and I all started looking at each other, realizing what would be coming up on Friday. Our dad had such a great sense of humor - we could see the twinkle in his eye, as sure enough - he joined our mom and his heavenly family that Friday - the 13th. That was eleven years ago, and I've always loved it that he came into the world, and left the world, on Friday the 13th.
Now every Friday the 13th I'll also be thinking of your wonderful anniversary!
Love you all.....
Jill Halliday
(Valeri's mom)
Oops! I just have to correct something. Mom left eleven years ago; Dad's Friday the 13th anniversary of leaving this mortal world will be TEN years ago this coming July 13. Good thing I'm so proficient in math, isn't it? :)
ReplyDeleteLove you still.....
Jill Halliday