Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Crusty Crustöffersen

We had one of Jared's co-workers over, for whom English is his second language, and during the night I might have called Jared "crusty"- he is a self-proclaimed old crusty guy.  This co-worker asked me what I meant by "crusty" (on a side note this same English as a second language co-worker casually used the term "amorphous mass" in a sentence, so he speaks English very well).  I think my reply was something about slang terminology meaning someone that is cynical and has little faith in mankind.  Anyway, this week the Colorado Crofts have been especially crusty, well Jared has been just about as crusty as usual, however my crustiness has increased.  Don't get me wrong I definitely think people are for the most part good, but I am learning I have little tolerance for people making poor choices.  For instance I have at work been quick to pass judgment on a patient based on their weekend social activities, you know one thing led to another and somehow they are in the hospital with a broken leg from tripping while running from the cops- you all know the type- right??  Anyway, I find myself having no empathy for them, and then find out aside from their weekend escapades they are really great people with families and are do-gooders that contribute to society, that just made one stupid mistake.  Do I condone these mistakes- uh no, I'm "crusty" remember.  However, I am trying to muster up some empathy for the situation these people find themselves in as a result of their poor choices, heaven knows I have made a bad choice or two along the way.  And then the youngest in the Croft household- Katie- well she has been literally crusty.  I think this picture says it best- Check out Jared's response!

unfortunately this is how Katie looked this morning when she woke up

No, that is not something on your screen that needs cleaning, it is just one big bugger under Katie's left eye!  Anyway, I think what I am trying to say is I hope next week the Crusty Crustöffersens leave and the Crofts return, mostly for Katie's sake!

1 comment:

  1. oh poor Katie!

    That picture is awesome. And yes, Jared's face is priceless.

    I am so sorry that Katie got sick...poor girl.

    Hope you guys get less "crusty" soon.

    ReplyDelete