So I never thought that processed pig sausages would ever inspire me enough to do anything beside just turn up my nose. But alas, life sometimes isn't what you expect and today's post is about Hot Dogs. When talking about hot dogs, what I'm really talking about is meat that everybody has eaten, but only few people I think choose to eat them if anything else is remotely nearby as an alternative.
But I think there are four people in the world who eat Hot Dogs. Boy Scouts, Kids who also think Chicken McNuggents taste good, my little brother (who eats them boiled) and Neff Jewton (as always names have been changed to protoct the innocent).
This Neff, 7th child of 14, grew up eating hot dogs. He would even say prayers with one hand folded and the other hand on a serving spoon. The way he tells it makes me think of a speed card game, where once the Amen is stated, the gloves are off, the cart has left the wagon, and he who doesn't get fed was simply the slowest off the line. So anything edible was eaten, and was appreciated. The other month his wife came home from the store with cases (yes cases) of hot dogs, not for Neff, but for about 300 church goers.
What would you do if cases of hot dogs showed up in your kitchen? Would you stop and think, wow my wife really must love me so much, and shows her appreciation with the gift of a hot dog, or even 300 hundred hot dogs? No something is fishy, something is going on here. You would ask. What's the crazy deal with all the hot dogs? I pray its not our food storage for 3 months. It could be, as I think they last forever under cool conditions.
This guy (Neff) didn't think so. He promtply opened a box of church dedicated hot dogs (did you tell them they were the Lord's hot dogs?) and ate one. Basically he stole a hot dog that was committed to help starving chruch goers. He stole from the church, over a hot dog.
I know Esau sold his heritage and birthright for a mess of porrige. I bet that porridge tasted pretty good. I can't say the same thing about a hot dog - they all taste the same, like poo.
One last thought about hot dogs. Long Islanders are funne creatures. I love/hate that they somehow put two "w's" in hot dogs, Hawt Dwags. Mirror is also funny, mirra. One should ask my nephew to saw these two words. He has absolutely no accent execpt for mirras and hawt dwags.
No comments:
Post a Comment