So I just saw a video on YouTube by an Anthropologist about YouTube. I, first of all when seeing this video, I had to re-evaluation my understanding of the word "anthropologist". He kept saying the word, so I knew that it wasn't just a mishear because I was trying to ignore Katie making some sort of noise or something. But I heard right, he was an anthropologist, you know those guys who I once thought just studied indigenous people with an archaic or dying language that somehow survived undiscovered while running around naked somewhere. How is that even possible? To run around naked and still go undiscovered!! I assure you that if tried to run around naked and go undiscovered for more than about the corner liquor store (where organic whiskey is sold to keep you from ingesting anything into your body that is bad for it, except for perhaps the whiskey) that I would quickly be forcibly separated from my family and job, and definitely would never be allowed to volunteer in the scouts, where no naked people are allowed for very obvious reason, which I wholeheartedly agree with.
So this anthropologies was talking about YouTube on YouTube. Which seems ironic, but the fact was that he was obviously self aware of what he was doing and the medium he was doing it in, and even more interesting is the fact that the topic was about how self-aware people are when broadcasting themselves for the first time. He claimed it was an awakening and self reflective type experience where people take extra time to examine how they look act and talk, because hey, this is me and I'm broadcasting to perhaps just a very few people, or perhaps this will go viral and end up everywhere. Regardless, because the audience is so nebulous, there is an period of adjustment where talking to a mechanical eye as though you are intimate is somewhat a self-revelatory experience.
So the long of the short is that I’m self aware of this writing. Hope you enjoyed it all you masses. Perhaps when I'm brilliant and brilliantly known for my wit and witticism, everybody will read this first and embarking voyage-setting blog and think, how droll, but my he was self aware.
Here comes some more self-aware epiphany, with the help of my beautiful wife. She said that last joke was stupid. Man, and I've been telling that joke for years now. Oh well I'm sure nobody remembers it anyway. I guess they'll just have to hear it again.
So now that my opening self-aware blog is done and over. I'll never have to do this again, and will actually be able to write about what this blog is supposed to be about - my beautiful family, and my lucky lucky lucky (thank you to my Heavenly Father for this) life.
No comments:
Post a Comment