Sunday, January 29, 2012

I am probably one of the luckiest people I know. For the past few months I have been reminded over and over again how well I have been taken care of. I think these feelings started in November when I got a flat tire (my first ever!). Of course at first all I could think was how inconvenient! But I was lucky because I had one of our neighbor's children in the car and she entertained Katie while I fixed the tire. Of course people stopped to try to help after I had managed to get the new tire on- I was pretty pleased with my 6 month pregnant self that I single-handedly changed my tire. However it was not totally single handed- somewhere along the line I had enough teaching by others to know what to do. I am not sure exactly who or when or where or if it was a combination of experiences that I knew what to do, and luckily I had all the tools necessary. Of course by the time I was done changing the tire I realized that the 8 year old spare no longer had any air in it... but not to worry Jared was able to save the day with an air pump. Everyone got home safely and our sweet neighbors (whose daughter was with me) unexpectedly had dinner for us when we got home. Since then our family has a had a few very small day to day bumps in the road that we have had friends and family step up and without asking helped us get through those. I know Jared and I can handle most things together, but it is so nice to know we have help available. I am overwhelmed with the generosity of our friends and neighbors, and thankful that I do not feel alone in facing these "bumps".
This week baby boy Croft decided it was time to hurry to join our family! While we are very excited to meet him-it is a bit too soon! Luckily he is not here yet- I am trying to enjoy a week of bed rest, but lets face it I am terrible at this! I am being good - for the record. Once again I am so thankful for our wonderful friends who have just jumped in to help with Katie and volunteered to bring us meals- it is too much! Anyway we are looking forward to Wednesday when I can be a normal person again and it will be just fine if this little man decides to get here. Anyway, I know I have been well looked after and hope that I will continue to notice the kindness and generosity of others!

1 comment:

  1. How could anyone NOT want to reach out to you, Lori? You'd do the same for any of your loved ones. Glad they were able to stop your labor, and that all is well. Take it easy, as hard as that is. We love you!

    ReplyDelete