Friday, February 10, 2012

Sledding!


Last Friday we took Katie sledding for the first time.... well, we did put her on a sled over Christmas but this was our first real sledding trip. Jared happened to get off of work early and so we decided to see how Katie liked sledding, recently she has really taken a liking to the slide at the park, so I felt like she was ready.


There is a great park by our house with a hill that all the kids sled/snowboard down. It was awesome- several of the snowboarders had built a ramp that shot them onto the top of a picnic table and then they jumped off the other end. There were kids everywhere. Katie really loved the sled down a hill part, but really does not like to be cold or put on all the gear.

Please not her lobster gloves. It is a job in and of itself to keep those on her. We found out the best thing to do is duct tape around the middle of the glove to keep them in place.



She may not have been the happiest sledder, but she was the cutest. The second to last run Katie did start laughing while going down the hill. The last run she got cold and started crying until we got home and warmed up. It was fun overall. I am sure we will spend many a hours sledding on this hill in the future with our family- I can't wait for her to understand and get excited for sledding adventures.... I am sure it will not be long until she will be one of the kids building ramps to jump the sled over and I will wish she were safe at home, you know, reading a book by the fire.... we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment