Saturday, January 14, 2012

Friday the 13th

Yes, I do realize it is once again well before 6 AM and here I am blogging! This baby really needs to let me sleep! Only 6 more weeks!

I can't remember if we have blogged about we love Friday the 13ths, so if we have and this is undesirable info just skip down a paragraph. We met and got married on Friday the 13ths (not the same Friday the 13th though!), so since then we always try to do something fun or special on Friday the 13th. We are not very sentimental in general, but it has been a fun excuse for us to go out on a real date without Katie and try some new things. So last night we went and saw Stomp and then had desert at the Melting Pot with our friends Luis and Sherrie. They were great company and hope they had as much fun as we did! I was surprised at how much I enjoyed Stomp- there was much more audience participation and humor in the performance than I anticipated. Of course the performers were amazingly talented as well. A few of my favorite parts of the show/instruments included inner tubes, kitchen sinks, and flexible foam tubes. After the show we headed to the Melting Pot, neither Jared or I had ever been there and honestly the fondue was okay, but I really enjoyed the atmosphere and being able to share a treat with friends. Overall a great night!

One bad thing about this particular Friday the 13th:

Katie can now reach into the top drawer in our bathroom. This is terrible! I have been slowly moving things up to that drawer that she likes to get into that potentially make a huge mess. For instance, today with one of her new found treasures from the top drawer, I found Katie with Jared's deodorant top off and she licked it- sick.... and a potential huge mess.... and double sick! Anyway now I need a new plan- I was hoping to get away with not putting the child proof things on those drawers, but I can't have Katie eating deodorant! Anyway, she is just getting too big!

This week we also finished painting the baby's room- I'll be sure to take a picture once we put the furniture in there. I am so happy to be able to say that. It took forever! Once of my good friends Erin is due to have a baby about a month after us and she sent me a picture of her nursery last night- it looks amazing!! The finishing details for me is hard because by the time you get to that part I am just glad to be done with the painting and call it good, or feel like there is another project that needs to be worked on and rush to that. However, decorating is really the fun part after painting- maybe I should try that sometime! Anyway- great job Erin, I love the barn!

Alright, I am going to try to head back to bed- we'll see how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. Awwl thanks for a shout out on the blog...I can't wait to see your finished product either - at least you have a better and more dramatic story about your nursery!

    ReplyDelete