I feel like it has been forever since I have blogged! I am now 33 weeks into this pregnancy and "the count down" has truly begun! I just started having trouble staying asleep- I woke up twice last night to pee..... then had trouble falling asleep after each time getting up to go to the bathroom, and so, here I am at 5:14 AM trying to do something without waking up the whole house. I am still working. I worked yesterday and for some reason the 12 hour thing really got to me. Probably because I am huge and pregnant and have had the last few weeks off. I have only 7 weeks and 14 shifts left- I can do that.
Right now Katie is really picking up new words like crazy! Jared and I counted about 25-30 words in her vocabulary, and counting. Unfortunately her favorite word is "no". We were in the car this week going to a really fun indoor pool to play with our friends Deanna and Connor when Katie would only say "no". So, I tried to see if I could persuade her to say something else. Our conversation went something like this:
Me: Are you excited to see Connor
Katie: NO
Me: It should be fun, don't you want to go play at the pool?
Katie: NO
ME: Do you want to play?
Katie: NO
Me: Do you want to go home instead?
Katie: No
This line of questioning could go on and on, so I pulled out my ace in the hole...
Me: Do you want a cookie?
long pause of silence
Katie: Cookie??
Obviously Katie loves cookies (she started calling anything that is a treat a cookie), the whole rest of the car ride she kept asking for a cookie, I of course had no cookie with me, nor did she need a cookie. Luckily we got to the pool and the cookie was forgotten.
Katie also says nice things like "thank you". She is figuring out that please and thank you are a good tool to get your way. The other night Jared was brushing her teeth - a necessity that she really hates. Katie was screaming as Jared was brushing, and as soon as Jared finished brushing, through her tears Katie said "Thank you". We debated on whether or not she was thankful that he brushed her teeth, that he stopped brushing her teeth, or that he let her hold the toothbrush- I think it was that he stopped brushing. It is really fun to see Katie learn new words and start to use them.
No comments:
Post a Comment