My son, Tyler is 17 months and too young to go into Nursery (Lori reminds me whenever I try to drop him off and make a dash for church). He is at the super fun age where everything is important to him, so drama and joy is perfectly pronounced in equal measure, but everything is exuberant and fun. So it really is fun to watch the world become alive for him.
My thoughts on Tyler include his attention toward alliteration. Seriously, most of his small phrases are changed toward alliteration. Katie becomes Ka-Kee. Gobble you (what we say when we are about to tickle and give him blow fishes/raspberries) becomes Gobble-Goo. His name Tyler is Ty Ty. It's really cute. Also his favorite work and one of his first words is paco (using said like paco, paco, paco, paco, paco, aaaaaaahhhh, paco while dancing like he has ants in his pants) which is Tyler for Popsicle - again one of his first words after Daddy, Mommy, and Kakee.
At church today he had been climbing and his shoe became a little twisted on his foot. He told me "foot" "shoe" "fix it" and "up". He wanted me to pick him up to put his show back on which had fallen off part way during his climb up the relief society chair. I naturally understood each word, their context, and what he wanted me to do. It was perfectly understood by me, which made me think what others might have thought had they been watching me (they weren't). But a garble of almost words, quickly became a well structured request and fulfilled by a dad. The son soon was returned to the floor and he happily resumed his scrubbing about looking for another head level chair to bonk his head against.
It was fun interacting with him. He was fun in preisthood and during Deacon's quorum (I taught and let him scrub about in the deacon's room while Lori listened to the lesson in relief society).
He is physically tough, cries when bonked, withstands Katie very well, tells us "bonk" whenever he bumps something, but is a sensitive little boy. Harsh reprimands and firm "no" required with Katie, have a way to be too harsh for tyler. So we lighten the punishment for tyler so as to not damage his sweet spirit any.
Honstely, he is a great boy and very loving. I wondered how any child could compete with Katie and how much I love her. But Katie is my favorite girl, and Tyler is my favorite boy - at least that's how I justify how much I love each one of them so much and uniquely. I wonder what way I will explain to myself my different relationship with the next child Lori and I have (nothing to report). Just thinking ahead.
So here is a picture of my Tyler/Katie
Um Yay!
ReplyDeleteLove the updates! I miss you guys. Love your family. Tyler and Katie are beautiful and I love that I can read all about them.
Courtney