This blog will be focused on our children - for that is what occupies my happiest thoughts.
Katie also known as "the bug" is a pure delightful terror. Somehow a pain in the neck is the most charming person I've ever loved. She constantly makes sure the drawers are clean, and by clean I mean spotless.. I mean there is nothing left in the drawer when she is done...everything has been put in its proper place on the floor. Cleaning Tyler's closet is similar. Putting all the cloths from the hanger rod on the floor. They're easy to mess up again and put on the rod like it like it but we still play that game a couple times a week.
Helping Tyler is also a forte. We want him to be comfortable in the water, and cheer when he takes a breath and sticks his face underwater in the tub to blow bubbles - yep and Katie is more than helpful with that too. She kinda pushes him under sometimes. What a helpful person!
Tyler is also walking right now. I'll be honest here and admit my manliness has been threatened a few times by him. For those who grew up with me, you'll remember a certain high pitch squeal when I got tickled or scared. Not high enough that it went outside the audible range, but just high and painful enough to elicit life saving responses in people. I promise that this wasn't because I wasn't manly but rather because it was smartly and perfectly engineered to mimicking a little girl, who I thought would be most likely to be saved by someone coming to my aid.
So I've remembered my training given at the croft household where every staircase was a hiding place and every door was a trap and screamed a little when Tyler crawled at me like a gobbling from lord of the rings (the part when they are underground and the goblins crawl at them down the walls and columns). Yep Tyler looks like that.
But sometimes he looks liked Frankenstein when he comes at you hands all above his head, warbling some crazy gobblygook that probably means I like raisins, but sound like Michael Jackson's back up dancer in "thriller" coming out of the grave. Yep scary I know. You would probably scream like a girl too if you saw it.
Thankfully nobody was home to make fun of me. And thankfully nobody actually reads this blog anyway. I think I'm safe with people not knowing of my cowardice. Also I learned I have a flight response - from my scary child.
Also today lori called me today and said "guess what Katie is doing". Man where could I start with that?! That could be anything. Well she (Katie, not Lori) had stripped to her my little pony undies outside in Colorado in January to...of course...jump on the trampoline. Why hasn't this been done before? I mean it make so much sense when you think about it. Go ahead, think about it. But don't think too much about it 'cause you might get stuck on an unanswerable question.
Here's a picture of her returning from her adventure. Does she get this from lori the compulsive mooner or my brother Jacob the naked ice cream truck hunter?
No comments:
Post a Comment