But playing the other day, I realized just how much home improvement has overcome my life recently. "Mapei" for example, isn't a real word, but I knew that I knew it and that it was in fact a real word. I was about to challenge (and beat) the computer, by looking it up with my computer (google) but instead asked Lori. "I swear", I said, "this is a real word." She said "yeah, that's the name of the company that made the self leveling cement we used on our bathroom floor.
Later that day "flue" was a word that jumped out at me. But Lori beat me on cool words - "fuselage" was a record breaker and not one I typically use or would see on a board of scrambled letters. I wondered how she even spelled it correctly, but she had been reading "Unbroken" about a McGuyver POW survivor during WWII and she said they used the word about every other page
So if anybody is really wondering what naturally comes to mind when you have some free time. Just play bookworm. Its fun and a good self study of what you think about.
So I did some pondering about my propensity to use home improvement words while playing bookworm and have to admit home improvement been fairly consuming lately. And here is a self congratulatory list of things done to my house since we bought it 3 years ago.
Exterior Paint
New Roof
Stone tile wandering staircase (exterior)
Refinished hardwood floors
Paint Katie's room
Paint Tyler's room
Paint Kitchen
Paint Family room
Paint Master bedroom
Leveled the sidewalk and driveway (mudjacking)
Bathroom in basement (tile floor, shower pan)
Electrical in basement
Heating/Cooling in basement
Framed Basement
Insulated basement
Yes that's right, in three years we've done all that work in addition to making two babies and still loving each other.
Of the above, we paid others to do the exterior paint, the new roof, the refinished hardwood floors, and mudjacking. Everything else Lori did. Just kidding I did it, and Lori made sure to remind me to wear my safety goggles by trying to hit me in the eye with electrical conduit whenever she could. She's been a ton a help (I joke about the goggles, but she has been a super duper helper trooper). I love her.
Here is a fun set of pictures (probably what everybody sees/reads anyway).
No comments:
Post a Comment