I think life gets better and better the longer I live.
I read the other day in Huffington Post (a liberal rag) that Fort Collins is on the top 10 happiest places in the US as gleaned from happy/sad words in tweets from around the country.
It doesn't surprise me, and it confirmed to me this week what I had already been thinking - that I was really enjoying my role with my family, church, and community. Community is one important aspect of happiness and having a good support network in a safe community with good friends is very important.
So although I don't always enjoy the culture at my company, I enjoy my job well enough to make it a normal job (not great, but not terrible), but the benefits of my family and church, and neighborhood all make it an excellent job.
My mother-in-law told me today that I was very sociable. That is not typically how people have described me in the past, but I think it is becoming more and more true - and it makes me happy to think that I have good bonds with many people around me, and am always reaching out to connect to more people.
Katie and Tyler likewise are sociable and outgoing and interested in others. It is fun to have a family that connects to others around them.
So recently our family has been on a string of adventures, including Pensacola trip with Lori's family, 2 trips to SLC. - one for Blake Andersen and Stephanie's Wedding, another time for George Croft family reunion. So we had beach time in Florida and mountain and lake and cabin, and waterpark time in SLC. Lori and I were able to sneak away for a bit and go on a desert date for Binets and Burt Alaska at La Caille in SLC (super yummy) which was the highlight of the trip for me (we need a minivan in a bad way if we ever have any more kids or drive across Wyoming with Suzie in tow).
Our ward campout was yesterday at MacGregor Ranch in Estes Park and Grandma Suzie was in town and went adventuring with us -including sleeping bags and tents, a late night, leaky air mattresses. We also tagged along to a burlap sack slide, bumpercar, bumperboats-type little theme park with some church friends which was superfun, even though our kids cried for every activity. We also hiked to and then swam in Copeland Falls in the Wild Basin area of Rocky Mountain National Forest (super cold but awesome), and tyler spilled water all over the floor of a Subway sandwich shop.
Today Tyler went to nursury (legally) for the 1st time today, and got a busted up lower lip to prove it. Those nursury people - you can't trust them to keep your kids safe, but it is sooo worth it. I say let my kids beat themselves up, as long as they are having fun and I get to actually go to church.
Well, we love everybody. Glad to be a part of your lives. We have some great family and friends and think of you often.

No comments:
Post a Comment