Sunday, August 5, 2012

Vacation - nope normal day

The longer I am married, and the crazier my kids become, the more capable I am of handling crazy.  Handling crazy isn't one of the traits I think I was born with.  But I feel pretty good on that I've improved on the how-I-handle-crazy front.

So here is a crazy day in the life of the Colorado Crofts.  Saturday was a 4 am wake up, followed with a 2.5 hour drive to get to scout camp, pack them up, eat some pretty good (scout - its relative) breakfast, and drive 4 rowdy scouts and myself home in a 5 person Nissan Sentra (our relative luxury car, the one whose windows all roll up, and doors all work).

Let me fast forward here.  Pool, nap, concert, authentic mexican dinner (I need to learn some spanish badly),  rapids/real salt lake soccer game, then home and asleep by 10:30, all with 2 incredible kids in tow.  Both of them loved every minute of it all.

The worst part of the night was when I forgot that toads pee for defense, and pretty much peeded a deluge of defense on my hands.  Lori wouldn't let me touch her steering wheel with "those hands".  Yep she said that.  Can't you hear your mom saying that after you came inside to eat a sandwhich after playing all day climbing trees?  Unfortunately, its not actually all that wierd when your wife says it.  It fact, what is wierd is how "not wierd" it is.  They say boys all want to marry their moms.  I don't think thats true.  Instead I think, maybe all moms are pretty much the same and you marry this awesome girl who turns your world upside down (in a good way) and pretty soon she seems to become your mom in ways, and reminds you to wash "those hands" or "close the door" or "Stop that, we're going to be late".   I've only called Lori "mom" once in two years (that she heard)  It was unpleasant but it just came out (I've only done it once in 3 years of marriage).

Here's a picture of something totally unrelated.  Its a photo while we were in ATL with Brad and Courtney.  Sorry their heads are cut off, but the photo had a lot of action for a portrait, and alot of action there was.  Thanks for the crazy fun time ATL family!

So lori and mom.  I love you guys!  And yes, I can tell which one is which.

By the way, if you ever hear of Shannon Fitsimmons, I probably heard her first.  She lives on my street, and can belt Janis Jopplin!

No comments:

Post a Comment