(Jared) Really, I don't have anything much to say right now. But I do have a great picture of Katie.
I would also like to shout out to all of Lori and my good friends! We are so lucky to have so many good people around us. For example, usually when someone watches your kid for free for 5 hours one night, you tell them, "thank you". Instead our good friends (the Stutzneggers-spelled correctly this time) watch our kid, accept no money, tell us thank you, then bring us cookies the next day because we were so generous. Those are the right kind of friends.
So here is the picture I told you about. This is the very first time that Katie has pulled herself up to stand. It came at the end of her nap, when Lori and I couldn't quite get to her for about 5 minutes. I guess she was fed up with trying to tell us she wanted out, and just tried to do it herself. She is pretty curious and precosious, that mixed with impatience makes for a dynamic person, but also one who might get easily frustrated. I really can't figure out where her lack of patience comes from, hmmm. For any of you who say, well she's a baby of course she has no patience, our day care provider, Susan, told me that she has "a bit of a temper" and when we talked about it we determined that it was less a temper, and more of impatience. So thats our little girls personality coming out! We do love her.
Oh and another thing of interest is that we had our very first family dinner that Katie participated in. She loves to eat with us and feel like part of the group. In fact if anyone is eating around her and does not offer her something, she has started the annoying habit of squacking to tell us she wants some too!
I would also like to send birthday wishes to My mom, who we lovingly call "Tano" on the 19th and my sister-in-law Michelle on the 18th. Both are such wonderfully strong women that I am blessed to have in my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment