Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

This week we have been excited to celebrate Katie's first Easter.  A few weeks ago we received a package in the mail from "Tano" (Grandma Croft) containing a super cute homemade Easter dress and headband.



I have been anxiously awaiting Easter to have her wear it.  I remember it used to be a big deal- moms would work tirelessly to make Easter dresses for their children, now it is just so easy to buy one that it is no wonder more people do not still make them.  When I was about three my mom did the "good mother" thing and sewed Easter dresses for her and I - of course they were matching.  As the story goes, I was so mad that my dress matched my moms that I spent the entire time at church crying and pulling at the collar on this dress. Needless to say that was the last time I got a homemade Easter dress.  I wish I had a picture to share of my mom and I- I'll have to have my mom e-mail me one (stayed tuned for that lovely picture).

Anyway, enjoy a peek at our Easter festivities.  Katie was mostly a bystander but I think she loved playing with the plastic eggs.  Hope you all had a great Easter!

Jared - I mean captain Easter pirate- was so proud of his historically correct egg- I should have taken pictures of all sides to show off Golgatha, the tomb, the lamb, the heavens opened with rejoicing angels, and the resurrected Christ



Grandma Jean gives all of the great-grand children swimsuits for Easter

 












2 comments:

  1. What a cute dress and it fits Katie perfectly! Also love the cute swimmy! Katie is looking so cute and happy. Thanks for sharing.
    Gma Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cutie in that dress! I didn't see her at church...wish I would have, I would have told her she looked cute.

    Wow, so impressed by Jared's egg....seriously that is talent. Is there a market out there for hand drawn pictures on eggs? If so, Jared would be a good candidate.

    ReplyDelete