August:
Katie started preschool! She is loving going to school and adores her teacher. She is having fun learning more about the alphabet and how to put letters together to make words. She is so smart!
| Katie on her first day of school |
Tyler finally realized Cameron is here! A week after Cameron was born (after coming to the hospital to meet cameron and having him at home for a week) Tyler woke up one morning and came down from his room. We had the following conversation:
Tyler: mom, your baby came out of your tummy!
Me: yeah Tyler last week- where have you been?
Tyler: in my room
Since Tyler finally figured out our baby is here, he has been much more interested in playing with baby "Jared Cameron" as he calls him.
Cameron has become a super happy and smiley baby! He is so much fun to flirt with and is very social. I am a bit nervous about what the noise level at our house will be in a few months when he really starts making more noise!
September:
Katie turned 4 years old, and had a party. We had a bunch of her friends over and we did all the typical birthday party stuff.; games in the back yard, pizza, cupcakes, presents, etc. We are forever indebted to our friends, the Blacks, for helping us with crowd control. Cameron Black was even okay with being the moving target for the kids to hit with water balloons.
October:
What a month! I went back to work. We took a vacation to San Diego/Disney Land. We participated in Halloween festivities. It was a great month- exhausting, but super fun!
In the past week, Jared told me it seemed like I favor Cameron to our other kids. While I love each of my kids for different reasons and in different ways, I can see why Jared would say that. It is so easy to love on Cameron (remember smiley baby a few pictures up?); he does not talk back or say no, he does not throw 2 year old tantrums or cry when he doesn't get his way- he is just happy! Also, I have never peeked in on him before going to bed and found him like this:
| Notice the marker in his ear- that is my favorite! |
We have a few family Halloween traditions. We go to our favorite pumpkin patch, and for your first Halloween you have to be put in a pumpkin. We enjoyed picking out our family pumpkin, and then stuffing Cameron in it. He was a good sport.
| Katie is really learning how to pose for pictures- kinda cute and kinda scary. |
| So smiley- I love it! |
Of course it is also tradition to dress up and go trick-or-treating.
| After much coaxing Tyler would absolutely not be the awesome cowboy I had picked for him. He settled for a soccer player- much to Jared pleasure. |
| Sleeping Beauty |
If you finished reading this post- you are a trooper! I hope you all had a fabulous Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment