No pictures yet, but I wanted to jot down some memories of Hawaii this year.
We go almost yearly to Hawaii thanks to connections with delta and relatives, and so the trip has become somewhat comfortable but repetitive but very fun and a very good time to reconnect with Crofts which are not from Colorado, or in other words Crofts from Utah.
We were there from wednesday until wednesday night, but didn't get in until Thursday about noon. Flights were wide open until the leg from SLC to denver, where two seats opened up about 5 minutes before the flight was to take off. So we got on and one other person got on after us (all stand-bys) exactly. It was like the "perfect pour" but it was the "perfect flight". That was helpful because we were all a little sleep deprived from the red-eye from honolulu to SLC from 10:00 until 7:00 am (ug). with 2 kids in tow. Lori is a champ, and it also helps that I'm learning to recognize her "I'm fed up/exasperated" look, so I know when to take over 100%. She does the same for me, so its not like I've done anything great. Just looking out for each other.
I'm thinking right now about the trip, and the things that come to mind quickly are putting the kids to bed. Maybe that was the most memorable part of the trip - because it definitely was part of the most challenging aspects of the trip. I loved the nice times on the beach, but I remember the things that were the most work - like putting the kids to bed, or hiking 4 miles in the rain holding Katie or Tyler, while my dad held the other one. The easy times were nice, but easily forgotten. Sad, but that is what I remember.
Overall the trip was fabulous, we had 4 great sunny days of plenty of beach time, sandcastles, and wading in tidal pools near out house in Laie. We were able to go to the temple, and to meet Kaitlyn's beau Will. We were able to rent surf boards and paddle boards from BYUH and spend an otherwise rained out day in the water, where it doesn't matter if it is raining at all.
Overall it was a perfectly fun trip, with little/no family drama - except of course putting the kids to sleep at night, and keeping them happy on a few very long plane rides. I don't think I saw another kid on any of the flights, but there were plenty kids from the Croft party.
Good to be back. Then I did a Klondike scout camp with a blizzard and white-out conditions, and Lori fed two of her friends, one for just fun, and the other because the friend is having marital problems and Lori is being supportive.
The FDA was at my work doing an inspection, so I've come back to many "suggested" improvements at work and plenty to do.
So we are back in the swing of things fairly quickly.
Oh, and the kids survived sleeping the same room, so we rearranged their rooms so that the baby (forthcoming in July) will have her/his own room, and Katie and Tyler are now sharing.
It amazes me just how much bed time is a huge topic and focus of our lives right now. I've probably mentioned it 4 times in this blog already.
No comments:
Post a Comment