Thursday, April 12, 2012

Happy Easter!


We hope everyone had a great Easter! We had a low key day. We went to church, enjoyed a short hike, and had an Easter egg hunt. Katie actually had a great time hunting for eggs, I was surprised at how quickly she caught on to the fun of finding the eggs. In fact, it was so much fun we have spent a short time everyday this week looking for eggs.

In the past few weeks we have been very busy working on house projects. We have spent many hours working on our stairs- we are almost done!



Last weekend we ripped out our sod and tilled in compost. This weekend we are leveling and compacting the soil and next weekend we are planning to lay new sod. We are also re-mulching this weekend..... I know, so much fun at the Croft's!

We also gave Katie her first haircut. She did great sitting still- all it took was a sucker, and luckily her hair is curly enough that it hides my mistakes. Growing up my mom always cut my hair- I hope that I get good enough at it that I can keep cutting it.



I am so proud of the dress I made Katie for Easter (poor Tyler did not get any special treats for Easter). Do not be too impressed though- My good friend Jenny held my hand the entire way through and told me what to do and how to do it. Anyway, it was fun but not sure if I will continue the tradition of making a dress every year- we'll see!


Lastly, Tyler has continued to be such a good boy! He is eating and sleeping great for the most part. He has been a bit sick the past week and has been projectile vomiting after each meal- which has been a mess- I have been trying to keep up with the laundry! Despite feeling sick, Tyler has still been a happy baby. He is growing so fast, he looks so different than he did even a few weeks ago. Here is the closest picture I have to him smiling- he smiles a lot, but I have not been very successful at catching it on camera.

2 comments:

  1. I am in love with those stairs!! What a wonderful addition they'll make to your yard! And Lori, I am so impressed with that dress you made Katie! Wow! Seriously!? Good job!

    Love you guys! Sure wish I could get my hands on those babies! XO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the Easter dress! Love to you all!
    Gma Susie

    ReplyDelete